Tennyson Group Aust Pty. Ltd. recognises that they have a responsibility to manage the impacts of their activities, products and services on the environment.
To manage the environmental aspects of the company’s operations an Environmental Management System produced under the Printing Industries Australia Sustainable Green Print Level Two guidelines, is maintained, in order to improve the company’s environmental management and to ultimately reduce the environmental impacts of their operations, activities, products and services.
Within the framework of our Environmental Management Systems we commit to:
- Adhere to all legislative and other requirements in reference to the environment.
- Communicate Tennyson Group’s Environmental Policy, objectives and targets.
- Ensure that the Environmental Policy of the company is available to all stakeholders.
- Continually improve the level of and prevent pollution generated by the organisation.
These commitments towards continued environmental performance will be achieved through the use of the following initiatives:
- The conservation and management of energy consumption throughout Tennyson Group’s facilities to achieve long term energy and financial savings.
- The short term reduction and finally elimination of chemicals that contain alcohols being used in print and finishing processes.
- A reduction in the emissions of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC), through the use of vegetable based inks and alternative chemicals with minimal VOC concentrations.
- The reduction of waste generation, with emphasis on environmentally harmful waste.
- Continual staff and client education programs to promote awareness of the environmental aspects of Tennyson Group as a Print Business.
- The continual development of knowledge, skill base, procurement practices and operating procedures, in order to minimise any adverse environmental impacts from Tennyson Group’s products, services and activities.
- Publication of this policy on the Tennyson Group’s website and throughout the organisations facilities.